Perfect In Case of Slips or Falls!
Get Security and Protection for Yourself or Your Loved ones with our Medical Alert Systems.
Stay Safe in Your Own Home. Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Medical Alert Systems for Seniors in Kinston North CarolinaA medical alert system in Kinston can provide many elderly and disabled individuals with the ability to live on their own, and exercise a high degree of independence. Here’s what you need to know before signing up with a medical alert system provider.
Technically, an alert system is normally comprised of a wrist band transmitter – resembling a wrist watch – or a necklace-type transmitter that is worn at all times. If the individual should have a medical problem or accident, they can simply press a button on the worn transmitter to communicate with the medical alert monitoring center.
This helps the monitoring center specialist to better advise you in case of a medical emergency, and they may also send emergency medical help if required. Optionally, the monitoring center can be instructed to also contact one or more of your relatives whenever the help button is pressed. The price of a medical alert system can vary according to the level of service you require, but in general they are a very reasonably-priced alternative to assisted living centers.
Medical Alert Systems with Fall Detection
The best Medical alert systems have come a long way in the last 5 years. Today’s advanced systems can detect when a user has fallen automatically. It’s all in the advanced algorithms developed by brilliant engineers and embedded into small devices which are saving lives every day. These smart-systems can distinguish (in most cases) between when someone has actually fallen, and when someone has decided to sit down abruptly.
8 out of
Medical Alert Necklace
Millions of persons suffer from a number of harmful medical conditions, which can include cardiovascular problems, diabetes, asthma, neurological disorders, allergies, fainting, epilepsy, memory loss or blindness, to name a few. People are not safe in their homes in Kinston , for the fear of an attack occurring when they are home alone. Also, they may fear to venture out of their homes freely. The situation becomes all the more serious when a person lives alone. Also, financial constraints may compel him to work, even if he suffers from some serious debilitating ailment.
Medical Alert necklaces are very helpful for such persons. These necklaces and the pendants with them can be engraved with brief but vital medical bio data and the ID of the patient–for example, his or her name, telephone number, name of the doctor and a brief description of the person’s illness. They can be made in beautiful designs in steel, sterling silver or gold.
In addition to the above information, such necklaces can also be fitted with very small, lightweight and non-intrusive electronic medical alarm transmitter buttons designed to alert emergency services in the event of a medical problem. For example, if you slip and fall in your bathroom and fracture your hip, all you need to do is to press the button on your necklace and you can get help in a short time. This system can connect to your home telephone line and place a call for help. Your family members, friends and physician receive the alert, and the doctor reaches you with the help you need. These gadgets may be expensive, but a little search may enable you to find you inexpensive medical alarm systems also. These devices are fitted with batteries, which have a pretty long life.
Medical Alert Bracelet
Medical alert bracelets in Lenoir are personal alarm systems which link you to a trained response center in event of an emergency. Before you choose to use this type of system, there are a few things you should know, but taking advantage of the systems available will give you back your independence, enabling you to live your life as you want, having peace of mind that response teams are only a button press away.
With personal health becoming more important to more people, many are looking to use medical alert bracelets in order to properly identify their medical concerns in the event of an accident or medical emergency.
The concept of boring medical tags is long gone, as these bracelets are showing up in trendy styles by an increasing amount of vendors, especially over the Internet. Stylish necklaces, pendants, and bracelets are available; and medical alert ID bracelets specifically come beaded and in many attractive metals for adults and children. Forget stainless steel – nowadays, medical alert ID bracelets also come in gold. These bracelets are now available in designer styles, making them more appealing to wear.
Once you decide on the best medical alert bracelet for you, it’s imperative that you wear the button all times. These are usually waterproof, which means there is no reason to remove them, ensuring you have protection and peace of mind you need all times.
As in an emergency, maybe a slip or fall in the home, all you have to do is push the button on the bracelet. When you push the button a call goes through to a response center via the base, which is a stylish piece of equipment which get connected via your telephone line. It’s that simple.
Emergency Buttons and Medical Alert button in Lenoir 28501
Panic Buttons for the elderly are available in many choices and with many features. Basically a panic button is an emergency button which can be pressed in case of an emergency, whether it be a fall, or heart attack. These panic buttons can be worn around the neck or as a bracelet.
Panic buttons can be one way or 2-way. A one way panic button for the elderly will work in one way only. The person in distress presses a button, which sends a signal. Usually this will place an emergency call to the numbers already programmed into the system.
Some companies allow 9 numbers to be programmed. Each of these 9 numbers will be called one after the other till a human is reached. In case you are wondering how a machine knows that a human has lifted the phone, then here is how it works. When a person takes the call, he is asked to enter in a number. If the number is entered correctly, then the system assumes that it is a live person and not an answering machine. Then the system will play the message for the person lifting the call.
In a 2-way system, a 2-way communication is established between the person in distress and the emergency alert service provider. This is why it is very important you choose a reliable service provider. It is well worth the few extra dollars spent per month, in return for quality service and response.
Some 2-way service providers will provide additional service. For example some alarm companies will pull up medical records of the patient to determine if he has any known medical issues. This ensures immediate service and can avoid a lot of hassle and frustration.
Panic buttons for the elderly can be worn as a bracelet, pendant or on the belt. They are usually water proof so there is no issues with the emergency alert systems getting spoiled due to moisture.
Senior Alert Systems and Medical Alert Devices FAQ
- Do You want a Home-Based or Mobile System?
- Should You Add a Fall-Detection Feature?
- Whats the Cost?
Originally, medical alert systems were designed to work inside your home, with your landline telephone.
And you can still go that route. Many companies also now offer the option of home-based systems that work over a cellular network, for those who may not have a landline.
With these systems, pressing the wearable call button allows you to speak to a dispatcher through a base unit located in your home.
But many companies offer mobile options, too. You can use these systems at home, but they’ll also allow you to call for help while you’re out and about.
These operate over cellular networks and incorporate GPS technology. This way, if you get lost or press the call button for help but are unable to talk, the monitoring service can locate you.
Some companies offer the option of automatic fall detection, for an additional monthly fee. Manufacturers say these devices sense falls when they occur and automatically contact the dispatch center, just as they would if you had pressed the call button.
Fees. Beware of complicated pricing plans and hidden fees. Look for a company with no extra fees related to equipment, shipping, installation, activation, or service and repair. Don’t fall for scams that offer free service or “donated or used” equipment.
Contracts. You should not have to enter into a long-term contract. You should only have to pay ongoing monthly fees, which should range between $25 and $45 a month (about $1 a day). Be careful about paying for service in advance, since you never know when you’ll need to stop the service temporarily (due to a hospitalization, for instance) or permanently.
Guarantee and cancellation policies. Look for a full money-back guarantee, or at least a trial period, in case you are not satisfied with the service. And you’ll want the ability to cancel at any time with no penalties (and a full refund if monthly fees have already been paid).
Discounts. Ask about discounts for multiple people in the same household, as well as for veterans, membership organizations, medical insurance or via a hospital, medical or care organization. Ask if the company offers any discount options or a sliding fee scale for people with lower incomes.
Insurance. For the most part, Medicare and private insurance companies will not cover the costs of a medical alert. In some states Medicaid may cover all or part of the cost. You can check with your private insurance company to see if it offers discounts or referrals.
Tax deductions. Check with your tax professional to find out if the cost of a medical alert is tax deductible as a medically necessary expense.
Where can i buy a Personal Emergency Response System in Kinston, NC
A medical alarm can produce a huge difference in the lives of elderly people and people with special needs. Also known as a medical alert or Personal Emergency Response System (PERS), it was created to signal the presence of a hazard needing instant awareness and summon emergency medical workers. Seniors or disabled people residing by themselves are the primary users of this kind of device.
Household accidents are common, but there are instances where they can be fatal. These are mostly cases where victims may have made it if help had showed up sooner. Seniors or individuals with disabilities have a higher risk for these things, and may be unable to cope with them without having assistance. This is when a medical alarm could be invaluable.
The standard of help that wearers of medical alert system have entitlement to is another major selling point. People who answer calls at the monitoring center are trained to handle medical emergencies and will provide instant assistance. Users’ private information is usually kept on file to ensure that good care and precautions are taken when responding to medical problems or emergencies.
Among the reasons why elderly people move to assisted living facilities and leave their homes is the fear that there won’t be any one to help in an emergency or accident while living alone. However, there are many who feel that they may lose their sense of independence inside a an elderly care facility or retirement home. Using a medical alarm can successfully eliminate the primary reason for going into an assisted living situation and allows seniors to have their dignity and freedom intact.
Just like all consumer products, medical alert systems vary in terms of price and features such as range, hours of standby power, repair and replacement options, payment options, and setup time. There are numerous providers and vendors for this service, so it is important to do some research and product comparison before buying. This way, users can be assured of a product that fits their needs and lifestyle.
Elderly Monitoring System
Elderly monitoring system technology is not new, and yet many seniors are resistant to using them. They often feel they intrude on their privacy. However, there are many benefits to choosing an elderly monitoring system.
The biggest benefit of all is that it can allow seniors to stay in their homes longer. It is often called age in place technology. As seniors age, and their risks of accident, injury, and falls increase, many family members and loved ones start to worry. What would happen if the senior were to get hurt or become sick, and be unable to call for help? A small bump in the road could turn into a life-threatening situation. However, elderly monitoring systems provide the senior a way of being alone, without being without help.
Such systems allow seniors to remain in their homes rather than using assisted living facilities, and at a fraction of the price. This means seniors can maintain a lot of their independence, while still protecting their health and remaining safe.
Another benefit of choosing an elderly monitoring system is that it reduces the stress and worry for family and caregivers. Knowing that mom or dad has the ability to call for help in an emergency situation means that there will be a lot less nagging, and a lot more enjoying.
Many caregivers are unpaid family members trying to juggle the stresses of their own life, career, and family, with that of caring for a loved ones. A monitoring system can help take some of the worry and stress away, and lighten the load for the caregiver.
Compare Medical Alert Systems
It is a common practice for companies to compare their medical alert systems with those produced by other companies. Besides, companies provide comparison of their own products. Some of these alert systems come with warranty whereas some do not have one. Many of these products are endorsed by major medical foundations.
Life Alert is one of the best known medical alert systems on the market today. They are famous for the “I’ve fallen and can’t get up” TV commercials. They have two major product lines; Life Alert 50+ and Life Alert Classic.
Life Alert is built around medical alert monitoring and do not have any other product lines. They have been a player in the industry for years and have built one of the best offerings available. They offer several features such as fire, carbon monoxide, and fall monitoring. There is installation service available. They also offer a refund if the user dies alone in their home.
The monthly costs are much higher than other services. This is due one of the largest and best known companies in the industry. Purchasing medical alert system is difficult and sales reps seemed to give differing information on each call. They have 24 hour monitoring but customer service is only available during business hours. They require a 3 year contract, which is much longer than any competitor. Additional options are expensive to add and increase monthly fees. They do not have activity monitoring or automated system testing. While they have many features, there is no fall monitor option available.
Med Alert Systems are not things worn only by seniors. Today anyone with medical issues can own one. This includes teenagers and elderly people alike. Who would benefit from these medical alert systems?
Anyone who is having serious medical issues, mobility issues, is under medication, is afraid to stay alone at home fall in this category.
It is nothing to be ashamed and you are not too young or too old to own one. More and more teenagers are using med alert systems as well. Diseases such as Asthma, Heart Attacks make it necessary to have a personal emergency system handy.
Walmart is a highly popular store chain, beloved by thousands of Americans for their low prices and wide choice of offers. While browsing their online store shelves you may come across some medical alert buttons as well. For example, they have a huge stockpile of different LogicMark units, but they also present GreatCall products, like their highly popular Splash button.
The worlds first 2-way emergency pendant communicator. Emergencies can happen in all parts of a home and frequently right outside a home in the yard or driveway. So whether you are just checking in with a friend, need some quick help from a neighbor, or are in an emergency, your portable communicator pendant will allow you to communicate your message instantly and efficiently from anywhere in and around your home. All with ONE button activation. Safety – Carry the emergency call button all over your home and yard with you, even in the shower.
Address: Kinston , NC 28501, USA
Phone: (844) 895-0747
Major Cities we service around North Carolina
More NC Cities we Service:
Kinston General Information
List of municipalities in North Carolina
North Carolina is a state located in the Southern United States. According to the 2010 United States Census, North Carolina is the ninth most populous state with 7007100428020000000♠10,042,802 inhabitants but the 28th largest by land area spanning 48,617.91 square miles (125,919.8 km2) of land. North Carolina is divided into 100 counties and contains 532 incorporated municipalities consisting of cities, towns, or villages. While municipalities may use the name village, town, or city, there is no legal distinction between the names.
Below is a list of the 50 largest municipalities in North Carolina according to the 2010 census. Also shown is the 2016 Census estimate.
Kinston - Latest - Google News Google News
- Nature Homeschool Day celebrated in Kinston - WNCT
- North Carolina legislature gavels in annual work session - WRAL News
- Strong apprehended and charged for attempted murder of 17 year old — Neuse News - Neuse News
- 2022 Primary Lenoir, Jones, and Greene Counties local results — Neuse News - Neuse News
- flyExclusive partners with AeroAngel bringing sick child to life saving treatment — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Budd, Beasley win to set up Senate showdown in November - WTVD-TV
- Michelle Cash defeats incumbent Billy Davis in Lenoir Board of Education District 1 primary - New Bern Sun Journal
- Sasser wins Greene County sheriff's primary; two incumbent school board members defeated - Daily Reflector
- Man charged with attempted murder in Kinston shooting, under $1 million bond - WCTI12.com
- Man charged in Friday's shooting of teenager in Kinston - WITN
- Local Ayden organization hosting Juneteeth health & wellness event - WNCT
- Is Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory coming to Kinston? — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Greene County Sheriff's Office providing security checks — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Winterville police charge man in February crime spree - WITN
- Pipes Plus Plumbing Supply announces new location — Neuse News - Neuse News
- 'Inspirational to us all': Kinston leaders remember former mayor - WITN
- Ayden chamber holds ribbon-cutting for Welcome Waggin' Animal Hospital (copy) - Daily Reflector
- Efforts continue to stop illegal shipment of alcohol into North Carolina - wpde.com
- Former NC Rep. and County Chairman George Graham passes — Neuse News - Neuse News
Body found after empty boat seen doing circles off North Carolina coast, officials say - Raleigh News & Observer
Body found after empty boat seen doing circles off North Carolina coast, officials say Raleigh News & Observer
- Public Notice: House Auction by South Lenoir High School Carpentry Program on Sat, May 21 at 9am — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Snow Hill Primary announces Terrific Kids — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Associate superintendent, executive assistant to superintendent win top employee awards — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Vidant Health and UNC Lenoir participating in program to eliminate maternal mortality — Neuse News - Neuse News
- LCC Grad receives Academic Excellence Award — Neuse News - Neuse News
Melissa Torres to lead Greene County Health Care - Daily Reflector
Melissa Torres to lead Greene County Health Care Daily Reflector
- Capps Trailers celebrates 25 years of service to the community — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Lenoir County Commissioners settle dispute between sheriff and county manager in armored vehicle purchase — Neuse News - Neuse News
GEC Teacher achieves a first — Neuse News - Neuse News
GEC Teacher achieves a first — Neuse News Neuse News
- Letter to Editor: Michelle Cash for school board — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Public Notice: LCPS-Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Project is presently being amended — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Announcement: $500.00 scholarship opportunity — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Help wanted: City of Kinston Firefighter — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Mike Parker: 'Road to New York' runs through Kinston — Neuse News - Neuse News
- National Day of Prayer held in Kinston - WITN
- New digital lab at Kinston library attracts content creators, musicians - WNCT
- EVENT: smART Kinston host first Artist Talk of 2022 — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Kinston-Lenoir County Chamber of Commerce names new executive director - WITN
- Walk-a-thon to help raise funds for Kinston woman attacked in 2019 - WNCT
- Realo: 40 years of service to the Kinston community — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Balloon release held for baby murdered last week in Kinston - WITN
- Kinston food ministry receives big donation from Spirit Aerosystems employees - WITN
- Kinston fire stations receive new gas lines and grills - WITN
- Kinston attorney appointed as new District 8 Court Judge - WCTI12.com
- Man facing attempted murder charge after Kinston shooting - WITN
- Kinston business owner gives free gas to 250 health workers - WRAL News
- Mechanical problems force international flight to land at Kinston airport - WITN
- NWS: Kinston included in latest Tornado Watch — Neuse News - Neuse News
- NCDOT hosts small business workshop Friday in Kinston - WNCT
- Kinston Police Department raising salaries to try to attract, retain officers - WCTI12.com
- Job fair seeks to find new employees for new Kinston Amazon facility - WNCT
- Kinston police say unknown number of guns, ammunition stolen from business - WNCT
Oak Bridge over Neuse River in Lenoir County closed Monday for repairs - Kinston Free Press
Oak Bridge over Neuse River in Lenoir County closed Monday for repairs Kinston Free Press
- Remarkable Women: Kinston woman helping people ‘renew their minds’ - WNCT
- Kinston High Sophomore Gabrielle Smith named Miss Neuse 2022 — Neuse News - Neuse News
- BREAKING: Multiple agencies searching for potential drowning victim in Kinston — Neuse News - Neuse News
- Suspect in 2013 Kinston murder arrested in Greene County - WNCT
Gerald “Jerry” Hirsch Kanter, 94, died at his Kinston home on Tuesday - Kinston Free Press
Gerald “Jerry” Hirsch Kanter, 94, died at his Kinston home on Tuesday Kinston Free Press
- Kinston man wins $1 million playing Powerball - WRAL News
Who is the best Kinston basketball player ever to lace ‘em up? Vote in our poll - Raleigh News & Observer
Who is the best Kinston basketball player ever to lace ‘em up? Vote in our poll Raleigh News & Observer
As teens are gunned down in Kinston, can basketball’s refuge prevent another victim? - Raleigh News & Observer
As teens are gunned down in Kinston, can basketball’s refuge prevent another victim? Raleigh News & Observer
- Kinston's Chris Suggs talks about problems faced by youth in his community | Raleigh News & Observer - Raleigh News & Observer
West Pharmaceuticals plans $70 million expansion in Kinston NC - Kinston Free Press
West Pharmaceuticals plans $70 million expansion in Kinston NC Kinston Free Press
- Grandmother calls for justice in shooting death of grandson in Kinston - WCTI12.com
It started as a basketball game. It ended as a reminder of what Kinston is up against - Raleigh News & Observer
It started as a basketball game. It ended as a reminder of what Kinston is up against Raleigh News & Observer
- Kinston City Council votes in favor of more car-charging, free wi-fi stations - WCTI12.com
Weather advisory for Kinston on Sunday - Kinston Free Press
Weather advisory for Kinston on Sunday Kinston Free Press
Super 10 and Upstairs at the Market close in downtown Kinston - Kinston Free Press
Super 10 and Upstairs at the Market close in downtown Kinston Kinston Free Press
- $2,500 reward being offered for man linked to Kinston child exploitation - WRAL.com
- Making history: 21-year-old becomes youngest person in North Carolina serving in public office - WTVD-TV