Perfect In Case of Slips or Falls!
Get Security and Protection for Yourself or Your Loved ones with our Medical Alert Systems.
Stay Safe in Your Own Home. Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Partner with LifeCall Medical Alerts
Medical Alert Systems for Seniors in State Park South Carolina
A medical alert system in State Park can provide many elderly and disabled individuals with the ability to live on their own, and exercise a high degree of independence. Here’s what you need to know before signing up with a medical alert system provider.
Technically, an alert system is normally comprised of a wrist band transmitter – resembling a wrist watch – or a necklace-type transmitter that is worn at all times. If the individual should have a medical problem or accident, they can simply press a button on the worn transmitter to communicate with the medical alert monitoring center.
This helps the monitoring center specialist to better advise you in case of a medical emergency, and they may also send emergency medical help if required. Optionally, the monitoring center can be instructed to also contact one or more of your relatives whenever the help button is pressed. The price of a medical alert system can vary according to the level of service you require, but in general they are a very reasonably-priced alternative to assisted living centers.
Medical Alert Systems with Fall Detection
The Best Medical Alert Systems have come a long way in the last 5 years. Today’s advanced systems can detect when a user has fallen automatically. It’s all in the advanced algorithms developed by brilliant engineers and embedded into small devices which are saving lives every day. These smart-systems can distinguish (in most cases) between when someone has actually fallen, and when someone has decided to sit down abruptly.
8 out of
Medical Alert Necklace
Millions of persons suffer from a number of harmful medical conditions, which can include cardiovascular problems, diabetes, asthma, neurological disorders, allergies, fainting, epilepsy, memory loss or blindness, to name a few. People are not safe in their homes in State Park , for the fear of an attack occurring when they are home alone. Also, they may fear to venture out of their homes freely. The situation becomes all the more serious when a person lives alone. Also, financial constraints may compel him to work, even if he suffers from some serious debilitating ailment.
Medical Alert necklaces are very helpful for such persons. These necklaces and the pendants with them can be engraved with brief but vital medical bio data and the ID of the patient–for example, his or her name, telephone number, name of the doctor and a brief description of the person’s illness. They can be made in beautiful designs in steel, sterling silver or gold.
In addition to the above information, such necklaces can also be fitted with very small, lightweight and non-intrusive electronic medical alarm transmitter buttons designed to alert emergency services in the event of a medical problem. For example, if you slip and fall in your bathroom and fracture your hip, all you need to do is to press the button on your necklace and you can get help in a short time. This system can connect to your home telephone line and place a call for help. Your family members, friends and physician receive the alert, and the doctor reaches you with the help you need. These gadgets may be expensive, but a little search may enable you to find you inexpensive medical alarm systems also. These devices are fitted with batteries, which have a pretty long life.
Medical Alert Bracelet
Medical alert bracelets in Burke are personal alarm systems which link you to a trained response center in event of an emergency. Before you choose to use this type of system, there are a few things you should know, but taking advantage of the systems available will give you back your independence, enabling you to live your life as you want, having peace of mind that response teams are only a button press away.
With personal health becoming more important to more people, many are looking to use medical alert bracelets in order to properly identify their medical concerns in the event of an accident or medical emergency.
The concept of boring medical tags is long gone, as these bracelets are showing up in trendy styles by an increasing amount of vendors, especially over the Internet. Stylish necklaces, pendants, and bracelets are available; and medical alert ID bracelets specifically come beaded and in many attractive metals for adults and children. Forget stainless steel – nowadays, medical alert ID bracelets also come in gold. These bracelets are now available in designer styles, making them more appealing to wear.
Once you decide on the best medical alert bracelet for you, it’s imperative that you wear the button all times. These are usually waterproof, which means there is no reason to remove them, ensuring you have protection and peace of mind you need all times.
As in an emergency, maybe a slip or fall in the home, all you have to do is push the button on the bracelet. When you push the button a call goes through to a response center via the base, which is a stylish piece of equipment which get connected via your telephone line. It’s that simple.
Emergency Buttons and Medical Alert button in Richland County 29147
Panic Buttons for the elderly are available in many choices and with many features. Basically a panic button is an emergency button which can be pressed in case of an emergency, whether it be a fall, or heart attack. These panic buttons can be worn around the neck or as a bracelet.
Panic buttons can be one way or 2-way. A one way panic button for the elderly will work in one way only. The person in distress presses a button, which sends a signal. Usually this will place an emergency call to the numbers already programmed into the system.
Some companies allow 9 numbers to be programmed. Each of these 9 numbers will be called one after the other till a human is reached. In case you are wondering how a machine knows that a human has lifted the phone, then here is how it works. When a person takes the call, he is asked to enter in a number. If the number is entered correctly, then the system assumes that it is a live person and not an answering machine. Then the system will play the message for the person lifting the call.
In a 2-way system, a 2-way communication is established between the person in distress and the emergency alert service provider. This is why it is very important you choose a reliable service provider. It is well worth the few extra dollars spent per month, in return for quality service and response.
Some 2-way service providers will provide additional service. For example some alarm companies will pull up medical records of the patient to determine if he has any known medical issues. This ensures immediate service and can avoid a lot of hassle and frustration.
Panic buttons for the elderly can be worn as a bracelet, pendant or on the belt. They are usually water proof so there is no issues with the emergency alert systems getting spoiled due to moisture.
Senior Alert Systems and Medical Alert Devices FAQ
Do You want a Home-Based or Mobile System?
Originally, medical alert systems were designed to work inside your home, with your landline telephone.
And you can still go that route. Many companies also now offer the option of home-based systems that work over a cellular network, for those who may not have a landline.
With these systems, pressing the wearable call button allows you to speak to a dispatcher through a base unit located in your home.
But many companies offer mobile options, too. You can use these systems at home, but they’ll also allow you to call for help while you’re out and about.
These operate over cellular networks and incorporate GPS technology. This way, if you get lost or press the call button for help but are unable to talk, the monitoring service can locate you.
Should You Add a Fall-Detection Feature?
Some companies offer the option of automatic fall detection, for an additional monthly fee. Manufacturers say these devices sense falls when they occur and automatically contact the dispatch center, just as they would if you had pressed the call button.
What’s the Cost?
Fees. Beware of complicated pricing plans and hidden fees. Look for a company with no extra fees related to equipment, shipping, installation, activation, or service and repair. Don’t fall for scams that offer free service or “donated or used” equipment.
Contracts. You should not have to enter into a long-term contract. You should only have to pay ongoing monthly fees, which should range between $25 and $45 a month (about $1 a day). Be careful about paying for service in advance, since you never know when you’ll need to stop the service temporarily (due to a hospitalization, for instance) or permanently.
Guarantee and cancellation policies. Look for a full money-back guarantee, or at least a trial period, in case you are not satisfied with the service. And you’ll want the ability to cancel at any time with no penalties (and a full refund if monthly fees have already been paid).
Discounts. Ask about discounts for multiple people in the same household, as well as for veterans, membership organizations, medical insurance or via a hospital, medical or care organization. Ask if the company offers any discount options or a sliding fee scale for people with lower incomes.
Insurance. For the most part, Medicare and private insurance companies will not cover the costs of a medical alert. In some states Medicaid may cover all or part of the cost. You can check with your private insurance company to see if it offers discounts or referrals.
Tax deductions. Check with your tax professional to find out if the cost of a medical alert is tax deductible as a medically necessary expense.
Where can I buy a Personal Emergency Response System in State Park, SC
A medical alarm can produce a huge difference in the lives of elderly people and people with special needs. Also known as a medical alert or Personal Emergency Response System (PERS), it was created to signal the presence of a hazard needing instant awareness and summon emergency medical workers. Seniors or disabled people residing by themselves are the primary users of this kind of device.
Household accidents are common, but there are instances where they can be fatal. These are mostly cases where victims may have made it if help had showed up sooner. Seniors or individuals with disabilities have a higher risk for these things, and may be unable to cope with them without having assistance. This is when a medical alarm could be invaluable.
The standard of help that wearers of medical alert system have entitlement to is another major selling point. People who answer calls at the monitoring center are trained to handle medical emergencies and will provide instant assistance. Users’ private information is usually kept on file to ensure that good care and precautions are taken when responding to medical problems or emergencies.
Among the reasons why elderly people move to assisted living facilities and leave their homes is the fear that there won’t be any one to help in an emergency or accident while living alone. However, there are many who feel that they may lose their sense of independence inside a an elderly care facility or retirement home. Using a medical alarm can successfully eliminate the primary reason for going into an assisted living situation and allows seniors to have their dignity and freedom intact.
Just like all consumer products, medical alert systems vary in terms of price and features such as range, hours of standby power, repair and replacement options, payment options, and setup time. There are numerous providers and vendors for this service, so it is important to do some research and product comparison before buying. This way, users can be assured of a product that fits their needs and lifestyle.
Elderly Monitoring System
Elderly monitoring system technology is not new, and yet many seniors are resistant to using them. They often feel they intrude on their privacy. However, there are many benefits to choosing an elderly monitoring system.
The biggest benefit of all is that it can allow seniors to stay in their homes longer. It is often called age in place technology. As seniors age, and their risks of accident, injury, and falls increase, many family members and loved ones start to worry. What would happen if the senior were to get hurt or become sick, and be unable to call for help? A small bump in the road could turn into a life-threatening situation. However, elderly monitoring systems provide the senior a way of being alone, without being without help.
Such systems allow seniors to remain in their homes rather than using assisted living facilities, and at a fraction of the price. This means seniors can maintain a lot of their independence, while still protecting their health and remaining safe.
Another benefit of choosing an elderly monitoring system is that it reduces the stress and worry for family and caregivers. Knowing that mom or dad has the ability to call for help in an emergency situation means that there will be a lot less nagging, and a lot more enjoying.
Many caregivers are unpaid family members trying to juggle the stresses of their own life, career, and family, with that of caring for a loved ones. A monitoring system can help take some of the worry and stress away, and lighten the load for the caregiver.
Compare Medical Alert Systems
It is a common practice for companies to compare their medical alert systems with those produced by other companies. Besides, companies provide comparison of their own products. Some of these alert systems come with warranty whereas some do not have one. Many of these products are endorsed by major medical foundations.
Life Alert is one of the best known medical alert systems on the market today. They are famous for the “I’ve fallen and can’t get up” TV commercials. They have two major product lines; Life Alert 50+ and Life Alert Classic.
Life Alert is built around medical alert monitoring and do not have any other product lines. They have been a player in the industry for years and have built one of the best offerings available. They offer several features such as fire, carbon monoxide, and fall monitoring. There is installation service available. They also offer a refund if the user dies alone in their home.
The monthly costs are much higher than other services. This is due one of the largest and best known companies in the industry. Purchasing medical alert system is difficult and sales reps seemed to give differing information on each call. They have 24 hour monitoring but customer service is only available during business hours. They require a 3 year contract, which is much longer than any competitor. Additional options are expensive to add and increase monthly fees. They do not have activity monitoring or automated system testing. While they have many features, there is no fall monitor option available.
Med Alert Systems are not things worn only by seniors. Today anyone with medical issues can own one. This includes teenagers and elderly people alike. Who would benefit from these medical alert systems?
Anyone who is having serious medical issues, mobility issues, is under medication, is afraid to stay alone at home fall in this category.
It is nothing to be ashamed and you are not too young or too old to own one. More and more teenagers are using med alert systems as well. Diseases such as Asthma, Heart Attacks make it necessary to have a personal emergency system handy.
Walmart is a highly popular store chain, beloved by thousands of Americans for their low prices and wide choice of offers. While browsing their online store shelves you may come across some medical alert buttons as well. For example, they have a huge stockpile of different LogicMark units, but they also present GreatCall products, like their highly popular Splash button.
The worlds first 2-way emergency pendant communicator. Emergencies can happen in all parts of a home and frequently right outside a home in the yard or driveway. So whether you are just checking in with a friend, need some quick help from a neighbor, or are in an emergency, your portable communicator pendant will allow you to communicate your message instantly and efficiently from anywhere in and around your home. All with ONE button activation. Safety – Carry the emergency call button all over your home and yard with you, even in the shower.
Address: State Park , SC 29147, USA
Phone: (844) 895-0747
Major Cities Servicing
State Park General Information
Table Rock State Park (South Carolina)
Table Rock State Park is a 3,083-acre (12.48 km2) park at the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains in northern Pickens County, South Carolina. The park includes Pinnacle Mountain, the tallest mountain totally within the state.
The park features a lodge built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) that includes a kitchen and a 72-seat dining room. There are two park lakes that accommodate seasonal swimming and hiking trails that lead to Mill Creek Falls, the Pinnacle Mountain summit (two routes), and Table Rock summit. A nature center offers educational programs, and there are picnic shelters and a playground.
The 1.9-mile (3.1 km) Carrick Creek Nature Trail loops around two creeks with small cascades and waterfalls and displays wildflowers in season.
The 3.5-mile (5.6 km) Table Rock Summit Trail is moderately strenuous, rising 2,000 feet (610 m) above the trailhead and includes a shelter built by the CCC. At approximately 2.5 miles (4.0 km), the trail forks, the left fork following a ridge trail to Pinnacle Mountain and the right fork to the summit at 3,124 feet (952 m). The trail ends at an overlook with a view of Table Rock Reservoir and Caesars Head.
The park is the eastern trailhead of the 80-mile (130 km) Foothills Trail through the Blue Ridge Escarpment.
South Carolina - Latest - Google News Google News
South Carolina State visits East Carolina after Hallums’ 21-point game - Hilton Head Island Packet
South Carolina State visits East Carolina after Hallums’ 21-point game Hilton Head Island Packet
- Alex Murdaugh, Laffitte cases add to reputation for famous, unorthodox bankers in SC - Greenville News
- Fatal vehicle collision near Johnston, South Carolina kills one, injures two - WRDW
- Vote now: Who should be this week's SBLive South Carolina High School Athlete of the Week (Nov. 21-25)? - Scorebook Live
- Tips for South Carolina residents as state enters Winter Prep Week - WBTW
No. 1 South Carolina 85, Hampton 38 - Milford Mirror
No. 1 South Carolina 85, Hampton 38 Milford Mirror
- South Carolina returns to top 25 after Palmetto Bowl victory - WMBF
South Carolina’s Aliyah Boston in walking boot after fall - WIS News 10
- South Carolina’s Aliyah Boston in walking boot after fall WIS News 10
- South Carolina's Aliyah Boston in walking boot after fall ESPN
- What Dawn Staley said about Aliyah Boston injury, status The State
- College basketball: South Carolina's Boston hurt in No. 1 Gamecocks' win San Francisco Chronicle
- Boston hurt in No. 1 Gamecocks’ win; No. 3 UConn tops Iowa The Olympian
- View Full Coverage on Google News
5-year-old missing after mother found dead in South Carolina - WDBJ
- 5-year-old missing after mother found dead in South Carolina WDBJ
- Orangeburg County search for Aspen Jeter continues as heartbroken family asks for community's help News 19 WLTX
- Officials searching for missing Orangeburg woman with medical condition WIS News 10
- Police looking for missing, endangered woman Live 5 News WCSC
- Orangeburg DPS searching for missing endangered person News 19 WLTX
- View Full Coverage on Google News
Jaheim Bell calls out Clemson's pregame remarks after South Carolina's win - 247Sports
- Jaheim Bell calls out Clemson's pregame remarks after South Carolina's win 247Sports
- Shane Beamer sends shade ESPN’s way after South Carolina stuns No. 8 Clemson The State
- 'Painful day' a double whammy for Clemson The Clemson Insider
- Freshman report: Gamecocks versus Tigers 247Sports
- 'Best fans in America': Shane Beamer, Gamecocks get hero's welcome in Columbia News 19 WLTX
- View Full Coverage on Google News
3 shot inside vehicle traveling on South Carolina road, deputies say - wpde.com
- 3 shot inside vehicle traveling on South Carolina road, deputies say wpde.com
- Beaufort County Sheriff's Office: 3 hurt after early morning shooting WJCL News Savannah
- Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office investigating shooting that left three people hurt WTOC
- Deputies: 3 injured in Beaufort County shooting Live 5 News WCSC
- Three people injured in shooting Sunday on Burnt Church Road in Bluffton, police say Hilton Head Island Packet
- View Full Coverage on Google News
- As Christmas nears, it's time to 'reclaim' the season of Advent, says South Carolina faith leader - Fox News
- SC murders rose, other crimes fell: 2021 was an unusual year, SLED stats show - The State
- Is bear hunting in SC cruel? Should it be stopped? A reader thinks so - The State
Family Defines South Carolina's Sudden Arrival - Sports Illustrated
Family Defines South Carolina's Sudden Arrival Sports Illustrated
3 keys to a Clemson win against South Carolina - The Clemson Insider
3 keys to a Clemson win against South Carolina The Clemson Insider
- South Carolinians encouraged to do their homework before donating to charity - WRDW
- Life-size jail cell is bringing awareness to programs helping those formerly incarcerated - WYFF4 Greenville
- South Carolina hospital wing becomes new inmate hospital - wpde.com
- 65-year-old dies after he’s pinned between wall and trash container, SC coroner says - The State
- SC has more flu than almost every other state, CDC map shows. See where cases are spiking most - The State
SC state parks offering free admission on Black Friday - WRDW
- SC state parks offering free admission on Black Friday WRDW
- Our View: Sales can wait; take a healthy hike for Black Friday Duluth News Tribune
- Burn off those Thanksgiving calories with a Massachusetts hike Boston Herald
- 'Opt Outside': Colorado state park admission is free on Friday 9News.com KUSA
- Minnesotans take advantage of Free Parks Day WCCO - CBS Minnesota
- View Full Coverage on Google News
- ‘I wanted to take him somewhere and burn him.’ SC father speaks about daughter’s alleged killer - The State
- SC paper mill that drew nearly 50,000 odor complaints faces tighter controls, DHEC says - The State
- Justin Timberlake invests in old SC golf course. Here’s how it will be updated - The State
- South Carolina couple left 2-year-old child home while they were in New York, report says - WYFF4 Greenville
- Steve Spurrier reacts to South Carolina's upset of Tennessee - 247Sports
- Former SC public official embezzled thousands for her personal use, cops say - The State
- Here's why South Carolina beaches received 'C' grade due to 'mediocre policies': Report - WACH.com
- South Carolina Election Commission certifies 2022 general election results - WBTW
- NAR Region IV Local Market Assessments: Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee - NAR.realtor
SC 2022 tax rebate explained - WLTX.com
SC 2022 tax rebate explained WLTX.com
Dual-threat Hunter leads Howard past S.C. State 28-14 - Live 5 News WCSC
Dual-threat Hunter leads Howard past S.C. State 28-14 Live 5 News WCSC
- South Carolina Election Results 2022: Live Updates - USA TODAY
- ‘A Game Changer’: Boeing’s Presence in South Carolina Has Huge Impact on Economy, Industrial Landscape - Greenville
Graham, defense lift Morgan State past SC State 41-14 - Live 5 News WCSC
Graham, defense lift Morgan State past SC State 41-14 Live 5 News WCSC
South Carolina: Candidates for SC State House District 12 - WYFF4 Greenville
South Carolina: Candidates for SC State House District 12 WYFF4 Greenville
Hurricanes, history and hauntings - USC News & Events - University of South Carolina
Hurricanes, history and hauntings - USC News & Events University of South Carolina
- Candidate for Superintendent of Education (G-SC): Patricia Mickel - Fox Carolina
- South Carolina State secures 26-24 win over North Carolina Central - HBCU Sports
- Woman left in tears as boyfriend gets down on one knee at SC State Fair circus - WLTX.com
- Best Places To Live In South Carolina In 2022 - Forbes
- South Carolina ranked among most challenging states to hire in - WIS News 10
- South Carolina Supreme Court takes up state's abortion ban - The Columbian
- SC ranked least energy-efficient state, study says - WCBD News 2
- SC makes list of states with highest rates of violent crime - Fox Carolina
South Carolina State Fair increases security - Abccolumbia.com
South Carolina State Fair increases security Abccolumbia.com
- South Carolina Voters to Determine State Budget Reserves - Governing
SC Human Trafficking Task Force receiving state funds for 1st time - Live 5 News WCSC
SC Human Trafficking Task Force receiving state funds for 1st time Live 5 News WCSC
- Committee hears hours of concerns, ideas about how to help more SC children - Live 5 News WCSC
- Man accused of killing 5 people in South Carolina before being caught was allegedly on meth and had been awake for days, authorities say - CNN
SC candidates for lieutenant governor debate - Live 5 News WCSC
SC candidates for lieutenant governor debate Live 5 News WCSC
- Ian arrives in North Carolina after bringing flooding, damage to South Carolina; death toll rises in Florida - CBS News
Stout defense propels South Carolina past SC State - Southeastern Conference
Stout defense propels South Carolina past SC State Southeastern Conference
- Hurricane Ian threat pushes up SC State-South Carolina game - Fox News
- Charleston, South Carolina's Tourism Machine | FRONTLINE - PBS
- South Carolina workforce down by 5,000 workers as unemployment rate drops to 3.1% - The Center Square
- New state law expands kinship care to help more children in SC foster care system - Live 5 News WCSC
- Vice President Kamala Harris to speak at SC State Fall Convocation - WLOS
Unemployment drops in SC, thousands leave the labor force - Live 5 News WCSC
Unemployment drops in SC, thousands leave the labor force Live 5 News WCSC
- Rockstar Cheer, cheerleading gym based in South Carolina, embroiled in sexual abuse scandal - NBC News
South Carolina State Fair Discount Tickets are Now Available - Walterboro Live
South Carolina State Fair Discount Tickets are Now Available Walterboro Live
- Fewer than 40% of SC students meet expectations in state math testing - WMBF
Upper SC State Fair is back with 11 days of fun - Fox Carolina
Upper SC State Fair is back with 11 days of fun Fox Carolina
- South Carolina House approves total abortion ban with exceptions - PBS NewsHour
Earthquake Advisory for Central South Carolina | U.S. Geological Survey - United States Geological Survey (.gov)
Earthquake Advisory for Central South Carolina | U.S. Geological Survey United States Geological Survey (.gov)
- Future of SC death penalty now rests with judge - WRDW
Earthquake Swarm Rattles South Carolina - The Weather Channel
Earthquake Swarm Rattles South Carolina The Weather Channel
Mountains to coast: Experience the 7 Wonders of South Carolina - University of South Carolina
Mountains to coast: Experience the 7 Wonders of South Carolina University of South Carolina
- South Carolina Gov. McMaster signs tax cut bill that includes refund checks - The Center Square
- South Carolina State visits East Carolina after Hallums’ 21-point game - Hilton Head Island Packet