Perfect In Case of Slips or Falls!
Get Security and Protection for Yourself or Your Loved ones with our Medical Alert Systems.
Stay Safe in Your Own Home. Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Partner with LifeCall Medical Alerts
Medical Alert Systems for Seniors in Edison New Jersey
A medical alert system in Edison can provide many elderly and disabled individuals with the ability to live on their own, and exercise a high degree of independence. Here’s what you need to know before signing up with a medical alert system provider.
Technically, an alert system is normally comprised of a wrist band transmitter – resembling a wrist watch – or a necklace-type transmitter that is worn at all times. If the individual should have a medical problem or accident, they can simply press a button on the worn transmitter to communicate with the medical alert monitoring center.
This helps the monitoring center specialist to better advise you in case of a medical emergency, and they may also send emergency medical help if required. Optionally, the monitoring center can be instructed to also contact one or more of your relatives whenever the help button is pressed. The price of a medical alert system can vary according to the level of service you require, but in general they are a very reasonably-priced alternative to assisted living centers.
Medical Alert Systems with Fall Detection
The Best Medical Alert Systems have come a long way in the last 5 years. Today’s advanced systems can detect when a user has fallen automatically. It’s all in the advanced algorithms developed by brilliant engineers and embedded into small devices which are saving lives every day. These smart-systems can distinguish (in most cases) between when someone has actually fallen, and when someone has decided to sit down abruptly.
8 out of
Medical Alert Necklace
Millions of persons suffer from a number of harmful medical conditions, which can include cardiovascular problems, diabetes, asthma, neurological disorders, allergies, fainting, epilepsy, memory loss or blindness, to name a few. People are not safe in their homes in Edison , for the fear of an attack occurring when they are home alone. Also, they may fear to venture out of their homes freely. The situation becomes all the more serious when a person lives alone. Also, financial constraints may compel him to work, even if he suffers from some serious debilitating ailment.
Medical Alert necklaces are very helpful for such persons. These necklaces and the pendants with them can be engraved with brief but vital medical bio data and the ID of the patient–for example, his or her name, telephone number, name of the doctor and a brief description of the person’s illness. They can be made in beautiful designs in steel, sterling silver or gold.
In addition to the above information, such necklaces can also be fitted with very small, lightweight and non-intrusive electronic medical alarm transmitter buttons designed to alert emergency services in the event of a medical problem. For example, if you slip and fall in your bathroom and fracture your hip, all you need to do is to press the button on your necklace and you can get help in a short time. This system can connect to your home telephone line and place a call for help. Your family members, friends and physician receive the alert, and the doctor reaches you with the help you need. These gadgets may be expensive, but a little search may enable you to find you inexpensive medical alarm systems also. These devices are fitted with batteries, which have a pretty long life.
Medical Alert Bracelet
Medical alert bracelets in Rutherford are personal alarm systems which link you to a trained response center in event of an emergency. Before you choose to use this type of system, there are a few things you should know, but taking advantage of the systems available will give you back your independence, enabling you to live your life as you want, having peace of mind that response teams are only a button press away.
With personal health becoming more important to more people, many are looking to use medical alert bracelets in order to properly identify their medical concerns in the event of an accident or medical emergency.
The concept of boring medical tags is long gone, as these bracelets are showing up in trendy styles by an increasing amount of vendors, especially over the Internet. Stylish necklaces, pendants, and bracelets are available; and medical alert ID bracelets specifically come beaded and in many attractive metals for adults and children. Forget stainless steel – nowadays, medical alert ID bracelets also come in gold. These bracelets are now available in designer styles, making them more appealing to wear.
Once you decide on the best medical alert bracelet for you, it’s imperative that you wear the button all times. These are usually waterproof, which means there is no reason to remove them, ensuring you have protection and peace of mind you need all times.
As in an emergency, maybe a slip or fall in the home, all you have to do is push the button on the bracelet. When you push the button a call goes through to a response center via the base, which is a stylish piece of equipment which get connected via your telephone line. It’s that simple.
Emergency Buttons and Medical Alert button in Middlesex County 08817
Panic Buttons for the elderly are available in many choices and with many features. Basically a panic button is an emergency button which can be pressed in case of an emergency, whether it be a fall, or heart attack. These panic buttons can be worn around the neck or as a bracelet.
Panic buttons can be one way or 2-way. A one way panic button for the elderly will work in one way only. The person in distress presses a button, which sends a signal. Usually this will place an emergency call to the numbers already programmed into the system.
Some companies allow 9 numbers to be programmed. Each of these 9 numbers will be called one after the other till a human is reached. In case you are wondering how a machine knows that a human has lifted the phone, then here is how it works. When a person takes the call, he is asked to enter in a number. If the number is entered correctly, then the system assumes that it is a live person and not an answering machine. Then the system will play the message for the person lifting the call.
In a 2-way system, a 2-way communication is established between the person in distress and the emergency alert service provider. This is why it is very important you choose a reliable service provider. It is well worth the few extra dollars spent per month, in return for quality service and response.
Some 2-way service providers will provide additional service. For example some alarm companies will pull up medical records of the patient to determine if he has any known medical issues. This ensures immediate service and can avoid a lot of hassle and frustration.
Panic buttons for the elderly can be worn as a bracelet, pendant or on the belt. They are usually water proof so there is no issues with the emergency alert systems getting spoiled due to moisture.
Senior Alert Systems and Medical Alert Devices FAQ
Do You want a Home-Based or Mobile System?
Originally, medical alert systems were designed to work inside your home, with your landline telephone.
And you can still go that route. Many companies also now offer the option of home-based systems that work over a cellular network, for those who may not have a landline.
With these systems, pressing the wearable call button allows you to speak to a dispatcher through a base unit located in your home.
But many companies offer mobile options, too. You can use these systems at home, but they’ll also allow you to call for help while you’re out and about.
These operate over cellular networks and incorporate GPS technology. This way, if you get lost or press the call button for help but are unable to talk, the monitoring service can locate you.
Should You Add a Fall-Detection Feature?
Some companies offer the option of automatic fall detection, for an additional monthly fee. Manufacturers say these devices sense falls when they occur and automatically contact the dispatch center, just as they would if you had pressed the call button.
What’s the Cost?
Fees. Beware of complicated pricing plans and hidden fees. Look for a company with no extra fees related to equipment, shipping, installation, activation, or service and repair. Don’t fall for scams that offer free service or “donated or used” equipment.
Contracts. You should not have to enter into a long-term contract. You should only have to pay ongoing monthly fees, which should range between $25 and $45 a month (about $1 a day). Be careful about paying for service in advance, since you never know when you’ll need to stop the service temporarily (due to a hospitalization, for instance) or permanently.
Guarantee and cancellation policies. Look for a full money-back guarantee, or at least a trial period, in case you are not satisfied with the service. And you’ll want the ability to cancel at any time with no penalties (and a full refund if monthly fees have already been paid).
Discounts. Ask about discounts for multiple people in the same household, as well as for veterans, membership organizations, medical insurance or via a hospital, medical or care organization. Ask if the company offers any discount options or a sliding fee scale for people with lower incomes.
Insurance. For the most part, Medicare and private insurance companies will not cover the costs of a medical alert. In some states Medicaid may cover all or part of the cost. You can check with your private insurance company to see if it offers discounts or referrals.
Tax deductions. Check with your tax professional to find out if the cost of a medical alert is tax deductible as a medically necessary expense.
Where can I buy a Personal Emergency Response System in Edison, NJ
A medical alarm can produce a huge difference in the lives of elderly people and people with special needs. Also known as a medical alert or Personal Emergency Response System (PERS), it was created to signal the presence of a hazard needing instant awareness and summon emergency medical workers. Seniors or disabled people residing by themselves are the primary users of this kind of device.
Household accidents are common, but there are instances where they can be fatal. These are mostly cases where victims may have made it if help had showed up sooner. Seniors or individuals with disabilities have a higher risk for these things, and may be unable to cope with them without having assistance. This is when a medical alarm could be invaluable.
The standard of help that wearers of medical alert system have entitlement to is another major selling point. People who answer calls at the monitoring center are trained to handle medical emergencies and will provide instant assistance. Users’ private information is usually kept on file to ensure that good care and precautions are taken when responding to medical problems or emergencies.
Among the reasons why elderly people move to assisted living facilities and leave their homes is the fear that there won’t be any one to help in an emergency or accident while living alone. However, there are many who feel that they may lose their sense of independence inside a an elderly care facility or retirement home. Using a medical alarm can successfully eliminate the primary reason for going into an assisted living situation and allows seniors to have their dignity and freedom intact.
Just like all consumer products, medical alert systems vary in terms of price and features such as range, hours of standby power, repair and replacement options, payment options, and setup time. There are numerous providers and vendors for this service, so it is important to do some research and product comparison before buying. This way, users can be assured of a product that fits their needs and lifestyle.
Elderly Monitoring System
Elderly monitoring system technology is not new, and yet many seniors are resistant to using them. They often feel they intrude on their privacy. However, there are many benefits to choosing an elderly monitoring system.
The biggest benefit of all is that it can allow seniors to stay in their homes longer. It is often called age in place technology. As seniors age, and their risks of accident, injury, and falls increase, many family members and loved ones start to worry. What would happen if the senior were to get hurt or become sick, and be unable to call for help? A small bump in the road could turn into a life-threatening situation. However, elderly monitoring systems provide the senior a way of being alone, without being without help.
Such systems allow seniors to remain in their homes rather than using assisted living facilities, and at a fraction of the price. This means seniors can maintain a lot of their independence, while still protecting their health and remaining safe.
Another benefit of choosing an elderly monitoring system is that it reduces the stress and worry for family and caregivers. Knowing that mom or dad has the ability to call for help in an emergency situation means that there will be a lot less nagging, and a lot more enjoying.
Many caregivers are unpaid family members trying to juggle the stresses of their own life, career, and family, with that of caring for a loved ones. A monitoring system can help take some of the worry and stress away, and lighten the load for the caregiver.
Compare Medical Alert Systems
It is a common practice for companies to compare their medical alert systems with those produced by other companies. Besides, companies provide comparison of their own products. Some of these alert systems come with warranty whereas some do not have one. Many of these products are endorsed by major medical foundations.
Life Alert is one of the best known medical alert systems on the market today. They are famous for the “I’ve fallen and can’t get up” TV commercials. They have two major product lines; Life Alert 50+ and Life Alert Classic.
Life Alert is built around medical alert monitoring and do not have any other product lines. They have been a player in the industry for years and have built one of the best offerings available. They offer several features such as fire, carbon monoxide, and fall monitoring. There is installation service available. They also offer a refund if the user dies alone in their home.
The monthly costs are much higher than other services. This is due one of the largest and best known companies in the industry. Purchasing medical alert system is difficult and sales reps seemed to give differing information on each call. They have 24 hour monitoring but customer service is only available during business hours. They require a 3 year contract, which is much longer than any competitor. Additional options are expensive to add and increase monthly fees. They do not have activity monitoring or automated system testing. While they have many features, there is no fall monitor option available.
Med Alert Systems are not things worn only by seniors. Today anyone with medical issues can own one. This includes teenagers and elderly people alike. Who would benefit from these medical alert systems?
Anyone who is having serious medical issues, mobility issues, is under medication, is afraid to stay alone at home fall in this category.
It is nothing to be ashamed and you are not too young or too old to own one. More and more teenagers are using med alert systems as well. Diseases such as Asthma, Heart Attacks make it necessary to have a personal emergency system handy.
Walmart is a highly popular store chain, beloved by thousands of Americans for their low prices and wide choice of offers. While browsing their online store shelves you may come across some medical alert buttons as well. For example, they have a huge stockpile of different LogicMark units, but they also present GreatCall products, like their highly popular Splash button.
The worlds first 2-way emergency pendant communicator. Emergencies can happen in all parts of a home and frequently right outside a home in the yard or driveway. So whether you are just checking in with a friend, need some quick help from a neighbor, or are in an emergency, your portable communicator pendant will allow you to communicate your message instantly and efficiently from anywhere in and around your home. All with ONE button activation. Safety – Carry the emergency call button all over your home and yard with you, even in the shower.
Our Systems – Home Based
Our Systems – Mobile Based
How it Works
Request a Brochure
Address: Edison , NJ 08817, USA
Phone: (844) 895-0747
Major Cities Servicing
Edison General Information
Edison, New Jersey
Edison is a township located in Middlesex County, New Jersey, United States. Situated in central New Jersey within the core of the state's Raritan Valley region, Edison is a commercial hub (home to Menlo Park Mall and Little India) and a bedroom community of New York City within the New York metropolitan area. As of the 2020 United States Census, Edison had a total population of 107,588, making it the sixth-most populous municipality in New Jersey, having been ranked fifth in 2010.
What is now Edison Township was originally incorporated as Raritan Township by an act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 17, 1870, from portions of both Piscataway Township and Woodbridge Township. The township got its original name from the Raritan indigenous people. Portions of the township were taken to form Metuchen on March 20, 1900, and Highland Park on March 15, 1905. The name was officially changed to Edison Township on November 10, 1954, in honor of inventor Thomas Edison, who had his main laboratory in the Menlo Park section of the township.
The earliest residents of the area were the Raritan people of the Lenape Native Americans, who lived in the area and travelled through it to the shore. In 1646, Chief Matouchin led a group of 1,200 warriors.
Edison Township, comprising former sections of Piscataway and Woodbridge townships, was settled (by Europeans) in the 17th century. The earliest village was Piscatawaytown, which is centered around St. James Church and the Piscatawaytown Common, near the intersection of Plainfield and Woodbridge Avenues in South Edison. The Laing House of Plainfield Plantation (listed on the National Register in 1988), the Benjamin Shotwell House (listed 1987) and the Homestead Farm at Oak Ridge (liste 1995), are buildings from the colonial era included in National Register of Historic Places listings in Middlesex County.
Edison - Latest - Google News Google News
- THINGS TO DO in the Watchung Hills | Echoes Sentinel News | newjerseyhills.com - New Jersey Hills
- Rahway's Acting Superintendent Issues Statement to Community on School Safety and Security - TAPinto.net
- Life Story: Donald J. Bell, 86; Ex-Chief Of Middlebush Volunteer Fire Department – The Franklin Reporter & Advocate - The Franklin Reporter ...
New Brunswick NJ shipping terminal proposed for Jersey Avenue - My Central Jersey
New Brunswick NJ shipping terminal proposed for Jersey Avenue My Central Jersey
- Guest Column: 'Ramadan: A Month of Fasting, Reflection, and Community' - TAPinto.net
- Woodbridge: Good Lookin' & Healthy Too! | Woodbridge/Carteret, NJ News TAPinto - TAPinto.net
- Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA to Offer an Elementary After School Program at the Y - TAPinto.net
Taste of Middlesex Once Again Coming to Edison - TAPinto.net
Taste of Middlesex Once Again Coming to Edison TAPinto.net
- Chess4All Club Teaches Elementary School Students the Game of Chess for Free - TAPinto.net
- Easter Egg Hunts in Fanwood and Scotch Plains on Saturday, April 1 - TAPinto.net
- Sayreville Police Captain Graduates from FBI Academy | Raritan Bay, NJ News TAPinto - TAPinto.net
- Watch: Westfield High School Launches Girls Flag Football Team - TAPinto.net
Life Story: Maxine Bell, 80; Was Township Teacher – The Franklin Reporter & Advocate - The Franklin Reporter ...
Life Story: Maxine Bell, 80; Was Township Teacher – The Franklin Reporter & Advocate The Franklin Reporter ...
- What do Taylor ham, Einstein & the light bulb have in common? Answer: Central New Jersey. | Opinion - NJ.com
- The amazing journey from Nigeria to Newark Westside Salvation Army to Rutgers basketball stardom for Cliff Omoruyi - wbgo.org
- Books, Friends and Miss Harding Falling Asleep in the Supermarket - TAPinto.net
- New Dunkin' Donuts Opens in Sayreville; Mayor Cuts Ribbon at Grand Opening - TAPinto.net
- Sayreville Easter Egg Hunt Scheduled for Sat, April 1 - TAPinto.net
- Spotswood Troupers Production of "Chicago Teen Edition" Full of Razzle Dazzle and Fun - TAPinto.net
- Piscataway's School Counselors Stay Positive and Proactive to Boost Student Mental Health - TAPinto.net
- Rahway's Roosevelt School Gets Visit From Grover the Explosives Detection K-9 - TAPinto.net
- Stepping Into Greatness, a Women's History Event at Plainfield High School - TAPinto.net
- Lifeline for New Brunswick Seniors During Dark Days of Pandemic - TAPinto.net
Middlesex Borough NJ: Four charged in Boro Hall Pharmacy burglary - My Central Jersey
Middlesex Borough NJ: Four charged in Boro Hall Pharmacy burglary My Central Jersey
- Letter: Honoring Two Amazing Women for Women's History Month - TAPinto.net
- Township Children Take Part in Clark Rec Bowling Program - TAPinto.net
- Moonglowers Host Jazz Festival at Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School - TAPinto.net
Popeyes opening a new location in South Plainfield - New Jersey 101.5 FM
Popeyes opening a new location in South Plainfield New Jersey 101.5 FM
- Warren Convenience Store Sells $141K Lottery Ticket - Patch
- Senior Citizens Day at Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School - TAPinto.net
- Woodbridge Mayor's Message, March 24, 2023 | Woodbridge/Carteret, NJ News TAPinto - TAPinto.net
- Former PA School Principal Charged In NJ Sex Assault, Burglary Cold Case - Daily Voice
- A Message from Green Brook Police Regarding Residential Burglary Awareness - TAPinto.net
- Want to Dance? Joy Luck Dance Club Welcomes Green Brook and Local Residents - TAPinto.net
- Go to the Movies Tonight for Green Brook Fire Fundraiser - TAPinto.net
- WHRHS BOE Meeting set for Tuesday | Warren, NJ News TAPinto - TAPinto.net
Piscataway police arrest Stelton Road bank robbery suspect - My Central Jersey
Piscataway police arrest Stelton Road bank robbery suspect My Central Jersey
- South Plainfield Creative Team Egg-cited to Participate in Annual Bunny Hop - TAPinto.net
- Piscataway Family Displaced by Fire Turns to the Community for Help - TAPinto.net
- Plainfield's Boys Volleyball Schedule Available; Support the Cardinals by Purchasing Merch - TAPinto.net
- Lighting the Way to Literacy: The Overseas Book Donation Project - TAPinto.net
South Bound Brook Food Truck & Music Festival - BestofNJ.com
South Bound Brook Food Truck & Music Festival BestofNJ.com
- Scotch Plains Taxpayers Can Expect a Slight Increase in Their Tax Bill Next Year - TAPinto.net
- Cahill Helps New Brunswick Meals on Wheels Mark Special Day - TAPinto.net
- East Brunswick Woman Celebrates 20 Years Since Kidney Transplant - Patch
East 7th Street blaze in Plainfield leaves firefighter injured - My Central Jersey
East 7th Street blaze in Plainfield leaves firefighter injured My Central Jersey
- How Edison, Metuchen Rank Among NJs Best Places To Live - Patch
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover at the Spotswood Public Library - TAPinto.net
- How East Brunswick Ranks Among NJs Best Places To Live - Patch
- Missing NJ State Trooper Found Safe In Pennsylvania - Daily Voice
- Controversial Arches At Sewaren Approved By Woodbridge Zoning Board - Patch.com
- Items Still Needed For Family Displaced In Bound Brook Fire - Patch
- Walnut Hill Nears Completion at 35 Walnut Avenue in Clark, New Jersey - New York YIMBY
- 'There's Always Hope Beyond What You See': Rahway Relay for Life's Kickoff Event Brings Out Great Crowd All Fighting for Cure - TAPinto.net
- Three-acre brush fire burns for nearly 4 hours at Rutgers Gardens - RU Daily Targum
- No Increase in South Plainfield Community Pool Membership Fees in 2023 - TAPinto.net
- Police Arrest Suspect for Robbing Piscataway Bank | Piscataway, NJ News TAPinto - TAPinto.net
- Positively New Jersey: Couple tries to eat at every diner in the Garden State - News 12 New Jersey
- Watchung Hills sues social media giants amidst teen mental health crisis - New Jersey Hills
- 20th Annual Bob Beckert Memorial 5K Race To Be Held At Watchung Hills - Patch
Watchung board sides with DRG for referendum projects - New Jersey Hills
Watchung board sides with DRG for referendum projects New Jersey Hills
- Rail Fire Causes Massive Delays | Edison, NJ News TAPinto - TAPinto.net
- East Brunswick Celebrates the Holy Month of Ramadan - TAPinto.net
Karabinchak noncommittal on contentious Edison council race - New Jersey Globe | New Jersey Politics
Karabinchak noncommittal on contentious Edison council race New Jersey Globe | New Jersey Politics
- Prosecutor investigating fatal shooting of Sayreville councilwoman responds to criticism from her family - NJ.com
- Police Look For Gunman In East Brunswick Apartment Shooting - Daily Voice
Targum guide to New Brunswick 'knightlife' - RU Daily Targum
Targum guide to New Brunswick 'knightlife' RU Daily Targum
- NJ Brush Fires Lead to Commuter Chaos for NJ Transit, Amtrak Riders During PM Rush Hour - NBC New York
- Developer Plans To Demolish, Expand Warehouse On Kilmer Road, Edison - Patch
- Old Bridge/Edison Nursing Home Illegally Fired Employee, Feds Charge - Patch